Friday, July 31, 2009

Anatomy

It's not anatomy that fascinates me. Rather it's the art that's developed from early anatomical drawings and models. Macabre stories like that of the 23 year old baby also beguile me.

I hold my reproduction of the 1st edition of Gray's Anatomy in high regard and have recently fallen in love with Andreas Vesalius prints* that I have need to own.

There is talk that the 2010 SIX tattoo convention will have anatomical hearts up for auction. This year's convention had skulls
but dire financial circumstances prevented me from making a bid. Next year a heart will be mine.

The Wellcome Collection in London is exhibiting anatomical wax models featuring the model in the picture above. Distance prevents me from viewing the exhibition so I shall be an online voyeur.

I deem a curiosity cabinet* to be a necessity and shall make work to acquire one.



*Wishlist has been updated.

1 comment: