Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Introduction of The Wishlist

I don't ask for much. But apparently I ask for the near impossible. For example, and in no particular order, I wish for:

-World peace
-A 4 day work week
-My own personal sushi chef
-A hangover cure that works

I acquiesce. This might be a bit much. After all, genies only ever grant 3 wishes. If push comes to shove I will, without second thought, choose a 4 day work week over world peace. That is, of course, if the two are mutually exclusive.

I always have lists. List of things I need to do. Lists of things I want to do. Lists of things I need (usually in the form of shopping lists) and lists of things I want. I've decided to make some items on the list of things I want public (hint: it's somewhere to the right of this text) just in case anyone at anytime feels making my wish come true (hint: I'm quite partial to Cape to Cairo by rail at the moment). And to share of course. Sharing is caring. Yes, sharing my want shows how much I care about you.

Some items on the lists will remain unchanged for weeks. I foresee "A kitty" and "Twin Peaks" being there for a very long time. It all depends on how badly I want a particular thing at a particular time. Sometimes the list will be very short. For example, on a Friday the list might consist "For this day to end" because that is the only thing in the whole wide world that I want to happen very very badly. I'm sure you get my drift.

Some of the current wishes have been "granted" if only partially. I have vases. I have plants. I need more. The spa treatment has been booked for Women's Day (9 Aug). The rest are works in progress.

Especially the 4 day work week.

2 comments:

  1. I wish Marcia would make a plan and come visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noted (the pragmatic wishlist). I do owe you a birthday present (coz I want to and I knew what you were getting) but it's flexible.

    And try orange juice. It still works for me.

    ReplyDelete