Monday, July 20, 2009

The weekend that was

The weekend got infinitely better (after a rocky start on Friday evening and Saturday morning) after I finished a long island ice tea in a cafe on long street. It was before noon when I started drinking it but it's ok because it was after noon when I finished it.

It was my non-sober weekend. An uncomfortable period of soberness followed but was made bearable by Manuella agreeing to design my next 2 tattoos and a stop in Tokai to buy booze.

A trip to Simonstown, a bottle of Chenin Blanc, a glass of red wine, some recreation, and the best chicken made by a vegetarian later, it was time to head off to The Assembly for Zebra and Giraffe and The Wedding DJs.

Zebra and Giraffe were impressive. Carlin has a voice on him with a vocal range that I'm sure requires an elastic band in an uncomfortable place for the hire octaves. The bands stage presense is worthy of panty-throwing.
The Knife is still my favourite track and the one I enjoyed the most but perhaps only because I'm more familiar with it. There were more tracks I deemed worthy to check out and I will show support by purchasing the debut album, Collection Memories.

The Wedding DJs rocked my world. I danced and danced and danced (my ass off). My feet hate me.
I loved my single-serving dancing buddies (since all my friends abandoned me shortly after the live performance, I had to make single-serving friends. Dance with them. Toast them. Hug them. Don't even know their names.). There was much throwing of hands into the air, singing along, and I do believe I "grinded" at some point.

Without evening/early mornings like this, life would be very dull indeed.

The rest of Sunday was spent holding my head, getting Adam to prepare food while Vanessa applied copious amount of aspirin.

No comments:

Post a Comment