Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sunset Chasers

Driving home from Langebaan* on Monday we witnessed the most spectacular sunset. We weren't able to get any photographs since by the time we stopped at a suitable location the sun had for the most part already disappeared below the horizon. Yesterday, not willing to risk missing another remarkable sunset, my housemate** and I set off to the best. This was of course a perfect opportunity to test drive my new camera. The sunset was less than spectacular and my shots aren't the greatest since I was still testing out the camera. I also took some shots other than the sunset and with the 55-250mm zoom lens finally managed to get decent photos of the moon.







The sunset chaser herself



* I didn't blog about this because I was too lazy. My housemate wanted to go kitesurfing so we went off to laze on the beach while she got dragged around by a kite. It was a really nice day despite getting sand everywhere (yes, everywhere) and getting sunburned.

** Yes, I have a housemate now. She moved in end of January and will be staying until end of April.

3 comments:

  1. Fuck sweetie. You really are talented. My favourite was of the pic of the shell on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you go to a photography course? Or was it just something you picked up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no photography course. Although I would like to go on one at some point. I'm not that good but thanks. I just tend to randomly snap at things I think would look nice and they generally turn out really well.

    ReplyDelete