Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Wanderlust

won-der-luhst

–noun
a strong, innate desire to rove or travel about.

Origin:
1850–55; <G, equiv. to wander(n) to wander + Lust desire
>

I want to go. Anywhere. I don't care. And far. I want to pack my bags and spend hours roaming around an airport. I want swollen ankles from sitting down for 10 hours at 10 000 feet and sore shoulders from carrying a backpack. I want to feel frustration at trying to figure out a new train schedule. I want to cry again because I cannot fit all my clothes and trinkety souvenirs into my bag. I want to impulsively leave half my clothes on a hotel floor.

But I also want to see new things. Wonderful things. Old things that I've never seen before.

I've got it bad. Taking off 5 months to stay at home and recover from yet another airport disaster is enough. I ready to take it all on again.

My feet are itchy.

Now I just need a plane ticket. To a far away place.
*



*Wishlist updated

2 comments:

  1. Now you're speaking my language. I'm off to Namibia in November but only for a week. Ideally living in a foreign country for 3 months is what I'm really yearning for. Taking photographs of EVERYTHING I see. Meeting new people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sid, you got it! I'm millimetring (inches are too big a measurement right now) my way towards being able to move from country to country every 3-6months. It'll be quite a while though.

    ReplyDelete