Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some photos

I have not blogged in a long time. I have no valid excuses and will make none. Have some photos instead (I've discovered it's much easier to blog in photos).

A while back I announced the acquisition of my DSLR (at last!). Since then I have taken many many photos but have not necessarily uploaded them to my blog (some can be found on my Picasa account).

Since acquiring the camera I've gotten more and more into photography. I hate calling myself a photographer though because that's not what I am. I just happen to own a camera and I like taking pictures. Lately, I've been reading a lot about photography and studying other people's work. I've become a little obsessed. Only a little. I'm starting to worry about myself.

I recently attended a photography roadshow and *gasp* enjoyed it. What a geek thing to do. I'm drawing the line at joining a photography club though. Seriously, that would be the absolute worst. I mentioned reading a lot about photography and one of the sites I spend a lot of time on it Digital Photography School. It's an excellent resource. They have weekly themed competitions on their forum. I haven't uploaded anything yet and didn't think about it until I saw this week's theme: toys. Yes, last night I spent hours sitting in my kitchen taking pictures of a pair of horror smurfs I bought in Swakopmund. I also had a great idea for last week's theme: Film Noir. I've resigned myself to being 80% geek after uploading the toy pictures to the forum. i'll only be 100% upon joining a photography club).

And for good measures I included some photos of a merry-go-round at Ratanga Junction where the photography roadshow was held. I will spare you the technical details of the photos but most have gone through post-processing (At some point I will sing the praises of Photoshop Lightroom 3 Beta 2).

Don't these horses look just terrified?!











No comments:

Post a Comment